Madison Stitch Collective and the Rub Off Book


I just wanted to update everybody on what I've been up to.


My long term goal of writing a sewing book is taking shape! I have just signed with Watson-Guptill, a division of Random House to write a book based on my Garment Copying classes. With the deadline just a few months away I am writing and illustrating full time this spring, and will be back to teaching this Summer.


I do have great news on the teaching front. I have joined with several other sewing instructors in the Madison area to form a new group we're calling the Madison Stitch Collective.


We will have a shared calendar of classes ranging from beginning sewing to tailoring to costume and lingerie making. I am so excited to partner with these ladies, and I know it will be great for the sewing community. We are currently planning classes for the next few months and when the schedule is available I will post it here. We will be holding classes at the Atwood Community Center, and the Willy St. Co-op among other places. We are still looking for a place on the west side, so if you have any ideas, please let us know.


As for me, I will be hosting a "Fit Club" and a "Stitch Lab" for people to bring their ongoing projects and/or problems and these will be little 3 hour workshops open to anyone.


If you are on Facebook, you can join our group there, just look for Madison Stitch Collective.


I'd love to see what you're working on, so if you have any photos, please send them to me at steff.lincecum@gmail.com. Take care!

UPDATE: You can find sewing classes now for all levels at the Electric Needle in Madison on the West Side and at Madisewn on the East side. 

Comments

Popular Posts